• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where did the mayor story come from anyway?

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Númenor
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
Yellow Lily
I just thought of a problem with this concept: you can have four people in town. There can't be four mayors of the same town!

JEREMY SAVED THE DAY!!!

unless you have four different towns.

I still dont like the rumour D: <

And all you'd get to do if paperwork in the town hall!! D=

Well, they say we don't much information....sooo..who says there's four people? All I've seen is like eight pics. From the looks, it has to be one per game card, which could be good and bad. Course you lose the other three people, but without their files, Nintendo could add more to the game.

If we don't know much, how do we know about being mayor? Did Nintendo say that or is it a rumor?

Superbiobugy said:
That's about all we know,

"Details are scarce at the moment but we can confirm that you'll be playing as the mayor of your town. With the help of the townsfolk and 'one eager secretary' it'll be your job to make the town a better place to live."

Tada, Nintendo's own magazine, and E3

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17921
If that's true, then I'm going to make a law where you have to have at least one Gyroid in your house.

less excited? I think this will be pretty good. It will add more things to do, and keep you playing, maybe a kinda story/plot, more features can be added since there doesn't need to be large memory pieces for the other three people, and hopefully more stuff like the fountain, windmill, so on, in city folk.

Least that's how i'm looking at it and what I'm looking forward to.

edit:
If that's true, then I'm going to make a law where you have to have at least one Gyroid in your house.
Agreed! Gyroids are awsome.

Superbiobugy said:
less excited? I think this will be pretty good. It will add more things to do, and keep you playing, maybe a kinda story/plot, more features can be added since there doesn't need to be large memory pieces for the other three people, and hopefully more stuff like the fountain, windmill, so on, in city folk.

Least that's how i'm looking at it and what I'm looking forward to.
The point of animal crossing being there's nothing you have to do.

Now we have work =[

[Nook said:
,Jun 18 2010, 02:59:55 PM]
Superbiobugy said:

"Details are scarce at the moment but we can confirm that you'll be playing as the mayor of your town. With the help of the townsfolk and 'one eager secretary' it'll be your job to make the town a better place to live."

Put taxes at 90%. All of it goes to you. :evillaugh:

I doubt they'll make it work, just like a glorified city folk town fund with the upgrades, maybe having to fix a trivial problem here or there.

Superbiobugy said:
I doubt they'll make it work, just like a glorified city folk town fund with the upgrades, maybe having to fix a trivial problem here or there.
Maybe being constantly schmoozed by the animals and being afraid to hit them with a net incase they revolt!

Jeremy said:
[Nook said:
,Jun 18 2010, 02:59:55 PM]
Superbiobugy said:

Put taxes at 90%. All of it goes to you. :evillaugh:
1) I'll order my animal slaves to build a statue of me.
2) I'll make unnecessary laws.
3) I'll start an empire, called Gyroidia.
4) I'll conquer the nearest towns and enlarge build up my empire.
5) Conquer Russia.
6) I'll heavily tax the rich people.
7) Place my offspring in charge of different regions of the empire.
8) I forgot to say this, arrest Redd.
9) Eat a chocolate bar.
10) Make even more unnecessary laws.
11) Retire from emperor-dom.
12) Crown my eldest child.
13) Die.
14) Watch from heaven as my empire dies.

Oh yeah... A small story mode would be nice.
I don't mean a full on story mode, but a series of events that take place, and when you finish story mode you get the credits, and some super cool item, but you still get to play freely.

Megamannt125 said:
I don't mean a full on story mode, but a series of events that take place, and when you finish story mode you get the credits, and some super cool item, but you still get to play freely.
That's what i'm hoping for and thinking they're going to do

Superbiobugy said:
Megamannt125 said:
That's what i'm hoping for and thinking they're going to do
I hope so too, it would be cool so that after working for nooks it wasn't just plant,dig,plant,dig,sell,shake,music,plant dig.

Yeah since there can't be four mayors then I guess there will only be one character

Back