• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SD Card

Marcus

Bells
I'm not really sure where this is meant to go, so I thought I'd just stick it here and if it's in the wrong place, a mod will move it.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how you get photos of your SD card and plug them into the Computer. I've put in the SD Card, but my PC doesn't read it/no it's there. Is there anything you're supposed to do in order to get them on? Oh, and if it helps, my SD card is a SadnDisk 2.0GB.
Really need an answer, thanks.

Is there an SD slot on your computer? Where are you plugging it in?

Well err, anyone else? I really need to know quite soon, seeing as I'm going to start my town profile.

This happened to me once, is your computer even picking it up? if it isn't you may have burnt the SD card out. Just continue trying to put it into your SD card slot, and then safely removing it from your computer, after a while, it should pick it up. Also, try checking "storage devices" on your computer, it may have picked it up, and you may have not noticed it. But if all else fails, you could just buy an SD card reader, as master said. Or even a new, and spare SD card(s).

Bloo said:
This happened to me once, is your computer even picking it up? if it isn't you may have burnt the SD card out. Just continue trying to put it into your SD card slot, and then safely removing it from your computer, after a while, it should pick it up. Also, try checking "storage devices" on your computer, it may have picked it up, and you may have not noticed it. But if all else fails, you could just buy an SD card reader, as master said. Or even a new, and spare SD card(s).
Where is "Storage Devices"?

If it gets hot (if it does I advise you to take it out or you may blow out a port and your screwed.) then yeah. It also may need to repair which happened to my camera which I used a program made my Window to repair where the drive the pictures read. ; ) I will try to find you a program though. But it might be a drive problem.

Don't worry guys, found the reason. When we installed Windows 7, some random crap happened and none of our computers would read the SD Card. We installed some program however, and it did the business. Thanks all who tried to help though.

I have a worse problem... Only one computer of the four we have does have a SD Card slot, but it corrupts the files. Now answer that if you can.

Nic said:
If it gets hot (if it does I advise you to take it out or you may blow out a port and your screwed.)
*Snicker Snicker*

Ahem.
If there's two rows of slots with text above/below it, make sure you're not reading the SD slot as the slot above it? I've made that mistake.

EDIT: Oh sorry, didn't see it was fixed.

Back