• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I hate my computer!

xeladude said:
do a nice sweep and uninstall a bunch of fonts and programs.
Wish I could, but I can't.

I've uninstalled every single unimportant program, and this stupid program freezes up everytime I try to open a single file.

Okay, I have uninstalled evey single file that'll probly never be touched again, only on my account, because I'm the one that uses the computer the most, so hopefully after I uninstall another program, everything will be fine. ^-^

go to control panel and select performence and maintenance,
select "free up space on your hard disk"

It gets rid of all those old compressed files that slow the comp

Use the disk defragmenter and the disk cleanup, both in the start menu, accessories, and system tools.

#Garrett said:
Use folders.
1251602964968.png

I don't think that would help much =l

Defragment your hard drive and run Disk Cleanup. Should be somewhere in the start menu. It greatly improves your system's performance. Also, if you have Vista, and an empty flash drive, plug the flash drive into your computer and you can convert it's space to pure virtual RAM which sometimes helps. It's called Ready Boost or something like that. A nice 4GB Flash Drive can convert about 3.6 of it's GB into virtual RAM.

bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
Use folders.
1251602964968.png

Defragment your hard drive and run Disk Cleanup. Should be somewhere in the start menu. It greatly improves your system's performance. Also, if you have Vista, and an empty flash drive, plug the flash drive into your computer and you can convert it's space to pure virtual RAM which sometimes helps. It's called Ready Boost or something like that. A nice 4GB Flash Drive can convert about 3.6 of it's GB into virtual RAM.
No It wouldn't but It would clear it up and make it look more organized because if her computer is so slow with all of that junk it must be a mess.

#Garrett said:
bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
Use folders.
1251602964968.png

No It wouldn't but It would clear it up and make it look more organized because if her computer is so slow with all of that junk it must be a mess.
Organizing files doesn't improve performance. Uninstalling and removing files does. Removing some programs that startup when the computer boots can help decrease startup time.

bdubs2594 said:
No you're right, it doesn't help it perform. But I never said that what is DOES do is make it look more organized. :3 That's what I said/men't
bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
Use folders.
1251602964968.png

Organizing files doesn't improve performance. Uninstalling and removing files does. Removing some programs that startup when the computer boots can help decrease startup time.

#Garrett said:
bdubs2594 said:
No you're right, it doesn't help it perform. But I never said that what is DOES do is make it look more organized. :3 That's what I said/men't
bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
bdubs2594 said:
#Garrett said:
Use folders.
1251602964968.png

Why are you quoting me for something I've never said...?

Back