• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Only 2% of the World's Population could solve this?

Resonate

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Note: said:
If you already know the answer to the Riddle please DO NOT spoil it for others who want to try and solve it
<big>ARE YOU IN THE TOP 2% OF INTELLIGENT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD? SOLVE THE RIDDLE AND FIND OUT.</big>

There are no tricks, just pure logic, so good luck and don't give up.

1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of different nationality
3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH?

HINTS

1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.

* This took me a loooong while...but I finally got it. :)

If you're stuck on the beginning...

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">A chart/piece of paper seems like the most useful tool to help solve this riddle: Five columns for the five houses, and five rows for nationality, house color, type of drink, type of cigar, and finally, pets. Clue #8 states the man in the middle house drinks milk, so we can start by filling in that one of the 25 boxes created.

Then we deduce as much as possible from each clue as it becomes usable. The Norwegian living in the first house (# 9) could mean the first on the left or the right, since it isn't specified. I assume the left (first on chart) for now. Often, with riddles or puzzles, it is faster to make an assumption and if it doesn't work out go back and try the other way, rather than trying to hold open both possibilities while analyzing the other clues.

Clue# 14 says the Norwegian lives next to the blue house, so we can fill in the house color in the second column.

Clue # 4 says the green house is to the left of the white house, and #5 says it is occupied by a coffee drinker. The only place that works is in column four, so we can fill in color and drink there, and white for the color of the fifth.

Clue #1 says the British man is in the red house, and the third house is the only one that has neither color nor nationality specified yet, so we can fill in those two boxes. This also gives us the color of the first house, since only yellow is left. Yellow smokes Dunhill (#7), so we get that too.

Horses are next to the Dunhill smoker (#11). Put that in the second column.</div>
If you truly want to just know the answer you can click Here

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>THE ACTUAL ANSWER</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">I guess the german does xD
And JK :p</div>

Numner said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>THE ACTUAL ANSWER</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">I guess the german does xD</div>
*Faints*

The world's gonna explode...because Numner got it.

<small><small>Or you looked at the answer :eek:</small></small>

pootman1234 said:
Numner said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>THE ACTUAL ANSWER</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">I guess the german does xD</div>
*Faints*

I guessed

xD

And I appreciate you thinking I'm stupid >:|

Numner said:
pootman1234 said:
Numner said:
*Faints*

I guessed

xD

Well you guessed pretty good. Especially since Einstein wrote it.

Oh and I don't think you're stupid...You just like to spam. =P

My guess is the German.

And no, I didn't look at your post or numner's either. Nor the answer.

pootman1234 said:
Numner said:
pootman1234 said:
Numner said:
*Faints*

I guessed

xD

Well you guessed pretty good. Especially since Einstein wrote it.

Oh and I don't think you're stupid...You just like to spam. =P
HOW CAN I LIKE IT IF I DON'T KNOW WHEN I DO IT

@.@

My idea of spam is a liiie

Back