PDA

View Full Version : Time Traveling: Good or Bad?

Galen
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey. I was thinking about how easy it is to time travel in animal crossing and I personally am against it. It ruins the fun of seeing everyday in the game like in real life and messes things up. I'm sorry but I think it's wrong and people shouldn't do it :gyroiddoh:

What is your opinion on it? Does it ruin the game for you?

Jas0n
11-14-2008, 01:39 PM
It would completely ruin the game for me :P I would never want to do it.

Alice.
11-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not against time travelling, although I do NOT time travel.

Personally I think it ruins the whole game experience for me.

Galen
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM

Personally I think it ruins the whole game experience for me.I know, I understand doing it for video purposes, showing what events will be like and such, but doing it just to get certain items is stupid in my eyes -_-

Alice.
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM

Personally I think it ruins the whole game experience for me.I know, I understand doing it for video purposes, showing what events will be like and such, but doing it just to get certain items is stupid in my eyes -_- Yeah. I never time travelled in ACWW, mostly because I heard a rumor about if you time travel turnips won't reach over 100 bells.

Is this true btw?

Sugar J
11-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I prefer playing everything out, I believe time travelling is bad. I fyou miss an event you miss it, I take responsibility of events I missed.

Galen
11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh good. I'm happy to here that this forum isn't full of a bunch of time travelers ^_^

Micah
11-14-2008, 02:05 PM
The only time I've time traveled was when I missed K.K. one night, but I don't do it on a regular basis. That would spoil the game.

Weegeefan765
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
I do time travel, but I never travel more than a couple of days at a time. It's mainly just to check up on any events I may have missed.

Recently, though, I haven't time travelled at all, so I guess I'm off the hook! :gyroidveryhappy: :D

Sporge27
11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I think time traveling is fine if it is because you missed something, but you can be abusive with it, that I don't do, but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?

Galen
11-14-2008, 02:21 PM
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair.

Sugar J
11-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Having Halloween on Nov 1 doesnt feel the same....

Galen
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Having Halloween on Nov 1 doesnt feel the same....Exactly! It's just not the same, and fills you with regret.

Tom
11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Having Halloween on Nov 1 doesnt feel the same....Exactly! It's just not the same, and fills you with regret.Not really. I see nothing wrong with Time Traveling back at least a day. Other than that, I'll just shrug and move on, hoping for better luck next year. I don't Time Travel often, only if I miss the little things I deem important.

Sporge27
11-14-2008, 02:50 PM
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair. Clearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.

Silently
11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I time-traveling in Animal Crossing Wild World was hard not to resist because certain characters weren't there all the time. I have to say I went Gracie-Hunting a couple of times. :-) I might go back-in-time when I get Animal Crossing City Folk, though. I want to go back and see Halloween... =D They should have released the game before Halloween.

Galen
11-14-2008, 03:01 PM
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair. Clearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.

JJH
11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Meh, I see nothing against it, but I don't do it. (Often)

Like Sporge said, you should never put Animal Crossing before real life. Considering most holidays happen in-game the same time as they're celebrated in real life, I tend to wait until the day after a holiday and go back a day. Other than that, I don't time travel.

One thing I don't like is when people skip large amounts of time to get to something before they're supposed to. I think quite a few people who get City Folk will travel back to Halloween, which I'm against. Even though it's only really going back two weeks, I consider that skipping an entire year, since that's how long you're supposed to wait.

But a day or two for a missed holiday isn't a big deal in my eyes.

Galen
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Well what I think is worse than traveling back a day is traveling forward, now that just ruins everything. You have to wait like the rest of us :P

Javaman
11-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I would never want to. I think it would defeat the purpose of the game.

Tom
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank.

nintendofan510
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
i did time travel to pay off debt once, but then realized i was cheating myself of the experience of the game. and i havent since, not even for holidays, or kk songs

Garrett x50 cal
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
i only timetravel if it REEEEEEEALLLY need to and thats not alot

Galen
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank. Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;)

Tom
11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepClearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank. Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;) Cheating myself out of the experience? I see nothing wrong with cheating myself out of something that'll be the same every year and will be. IT'll be the same mood and everything in my opinion, just a different date. If it's a day, I'll just fire up the Time Machine. If it's more than a day, I won't bother and continue playing until the next Holiday.

JJH
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepClearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank. Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;) But consider this-

The News Years Countdown, in Animal Crossing, is the same time as real life. Now, who would miss spending New Years with their family for a game? Without time traveling, you'd have to to see the celebration.

Same with Thanksgiving. I believe in the Gamecube game, the turkey would start appearing at 5? Right around when you sit down for dinner with the family. Once again, family or game?

Halloween; Jack appeared at night, when good little children are out candy-begging. Who would choose the game over real life?

Now, this can all be easily avoided, by adjusting the clock by a day, or even just a few hours. But like I said, a few weeks or months is a bit too far. And as for the whole "bank interest time travel" thing, I think that's a lazy man's way of making money. But, it's their choice.

Silently
11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I had no idea about the bank interest :ermm:

Galen
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepActually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank. Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;) But consider this-

The News Years Countdown, in Animal Crossing, is the same time as real life. Now, who would miss spending New Years with their family for a game? Without time traveling, you'd have to to see the celebration.

Same with Thanksgiving. I believe in the Gamecube game, the turkey would start appearing at 5? Right around when you sit down for dinner with the family. Once again, family or game?

Halloween; Jack appeared at night, when good little children are out candy-begging. Who would choose the game over real life?

Now, this can all be easily avoided, by adjusting the clock by a day, or even just a few hours. But like I said, a few weeks or months is a bit too far. And as for the whole "bank interest time travel" thing, I think that's a lazy man's way of making money. But, it's their choice.Well if you can make any of these events, then change the clock maybe a few hours ealy and leave it that way.

Fluufy
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
i did it once...... i regret it it took forever to kill all the weeds '~'

KingKombat
11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I will only time-travel for events on the same days.

For example, after I go trick or treating on Halloween, I'll only time travel in-game if it's the same day in the real world. Which would only be a few hours. I wouldn't even go back a day.

Cottonball
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
I love to sometimes but then the weeds are a bummer @___@

Justin
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Haven't, don't, and won't.

AC:CF Boy
11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Time travel ruins the game and maybe other games. T_T

Katon
11-14-2008, 07:08 PM
It completely ruined the game for me back when I was really really into the GCN game. :< It was sad, and I haven&#39;t done it since.

Boy
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
It extremely ruins the game for me, sometimes I even feel guilty if I do. =P

youinspire85
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Yup...in my opinion it ruins it. That&#39;s the whole point of AC the day to day life..

Bell_Hunter
11-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I&#39;ll only do it if i had missed an important day. :throwingrottenapples:

frostyfuz
11-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I time traveled about 10 days a day if I played a lot in the original animal crossing, sometimes even going up to a month if I had nothing to do all day.

On Wild World, on the contrary, I never time travelled.

I&#39;m thinking of time travelling in City Folk, only to go to events I might miss. I might even just time travel like I used to in the GC version, but I don&#39;t know.
It doesn&#39;t really ruin the game, it&#39;s the same fun you&#39;ll find, the game just won&#39;t last as long I guess.

Harrison
11-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah it ruins it... it depends what ur doing it for tho..

Harrison
11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I&#39;ll only do it if i had missed an important day. :throwingrottenapples: Yeah, exactly the same..

dragonflamez
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
It&#39;s good for people because for those people it makes the game more fun.
And a game that&#39;s not fun is bunk.

ZAR
11-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.

Galen
11-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.But that ruins the game for everyone. When a cheater goes online with their friends they have all these things because they cheated, and their friends now want to catch up to them until it&#39;s just a bunch of people cheating to get past one another. I think it&#39;s stupid and people shouldn&#39;t do it. Nintendo should have made some type of consequence for changing times.

Silently
11-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.But that ruins the game for everyone. When a cheater goes online with their friends they have all these things because they cheated, and their friends now want to catch up to them until it&#39;s just a bunch of people cheating to get past one another. I think it&#39;s stupid and people shouldn&#39;t do it. Nintendo should have made some type of consequence for changing times.If they were going to make a consequence for time traveling why would they even make it?? And in a way weeds are the consequence...

Galen
11-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.But that ruins the game for everyone. When a cheater goes online with their friends they have all these things because they cheated, and their friends now want to catch up to them until it&#39;s just a bunch of people cheating to get past one another. I think it&#39;s stupid and people shouldn&#39;t do it. Nintendo should have made some type of consequence for changing times.If they were going to make a consequence for time traveling why would they even make it?? And in a way weeds are the consequence...They need to add it so if you change time zones or daylight savings starts you can change it. They could&#39;ve also let the game read the Wii&#39;s time and use it instead.

Hap124
11-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I dont really like time traveling i think it ruins the game but my brother loves it

JOM
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I say... TT when you are bored of the game and do not plan on playing it much anymore. It does kind of ruin it when you go to your friends town and it is Feburary 19th, 2013.

Silently
11-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I say... TT when you are bored of the game and do not plan on playing it much anymore. It does kind of ruin it when you go to your friends town and it is Feburary 19th, 2013.Funny :-) I am against time traveling that is more than a year... However when I get Animal Crossing City Folk, I am going to start the game on Halloween. (When the guys asks you the date). Then once I am happy with all my treasures from that holiday I will time travel one day at a time to prevent a lot of weeds sprouting up around my village. While time traveling forward, I will check out Nooks&#39; and stuff... :yes: :llama:

Bones15
11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Not against it, because it&#39;s none of my business what people do with their games that they pay for. But I don&#39;t do it, because I want to experience the game more fully.

nintendogamer101
11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Time traveling is EVIL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I throw apples at time travelers&#33; :throwingrottenapples:

Time travelers make me sick&#33; :X

I really should stop now . . .

Megamannt125
11-15-2008, 03:44 PM
i time traveled ALOT in my early Animal Crossing Gamecube days and some in my Early WildWorld days and even tried to use a glitch to get millions which eventually deleted my wild world town and i had to start over but i learned my lesson

Kyown
11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Time traveling makes me feel guilty. That&#39;s why I&#39;ve only done it ounce.

RoboDuck
11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I remember whenever my brother got a hold of my ACWW while I was out for school. He time traveled all the way to the year 3000. It completely ruined my game and I had to start all over. Bottom line: Time Traveling is bad; don&#39;t do it.

Triforce3force
11-15-2008, 05:30 PM
That&#39;s how I ruined my original AC town. That, and leaving my crap all over my town. ...It was fun, but it made me feel bad.

I&#39;ve sworn it off ever since.

UltraByte
11-15-2008, 05:32 PM
It&#39;s fun to time-travel and screw over your game. That way, it&#39;s more like real life, and not some fake utopia where everything is shiny and clean.

Mewkip
11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Used to, but stopped like two years ago. I found it makes the game very boring.

Taro.
11-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I try to keep it as realistic as possible...

We all have to wait for the fishing tourneys, so don&#39;t feel bad&#33; XD

VinceMurphy
11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
I thing it&#39;s ruin the game specially when it&#39;s for bad reasons: to cheat. Sometime is more complicated but i&#39;m against as well. Like you said in starting your topic one of the most important thing in animal crossing games is the real time.

Some people do that just sometimes for one holliday they miss because the game is not release before, like haloween for this one for example, i could understand that but i will not doing the same, i&#39;d rather wait 1year and will have the surprise. But a lot of people are not patient and want to have all the rare furnitures.

Zephent
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Time Traveling is fun for about 1 day.

Playing AC without it is fun for a looooong time.

If you get everything you want so easily, its hardly fun at all.
Im against it of course.

Ness_Success
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
if u time travel, wont your town get over run by weeds?? I hate weeds >.<

coffeebean!
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I don&#39;t mind it. I do it everyday, usually a day or 2 at a time. I don&#39;t get to play every day, so yeah. *braces self* >.<