• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Manhunt Is So Sick....

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I saw a video of the original on YouTube and I am literally close to throwing up. What a twisted and sick game... And they rated it M. But the second one is rather AO! I can't imagine what horrible stunts Take Two pulled with the second game.... Uggh...

Any of you played the original? The graphic violence is really some of the worst in any videogame, period...

I've seen some friends play it, and it's just vile.
And with it "apparently" being banned in the uk. Means No Manhunt 2 for me... BOOO.
Anyway, the original was meant to be banned in the uk, but some places still sold it. And they didn't get into trouble for it.

I haven't seen it, and since I have dial-up, can anyone tell me what KINDS of violence there is? *Drools at the thought of blowing someone up in Gears of War with a shotgun*

Fabio said:
I haven't seen it, and since I have dial-up, can anyone tell me what KINDS of there is? *Drools at the thought of blowing someone up in Gears of War with a shotgun*
let's just say it's worse than that.

More like stuff we can't say on the forums. D=

OddCrazyMe said:
Fabio said:
I haven't seen it, and since I have dial-up, can anyone tell me what KINDS of there is? *Drools at the thought of blowing someone up in Gears of War with a shotgun*
let's just say it's worse than that.

More like stuff we can't say on the forums. D=
PM it to me or something.

:)

There are only a few things I want to do in a game, guys:

1) Kill
2) Torture
3) Save a princess/world
4) Dance

There are a few games that incorporate 3, but I am still waiting for one to have all 4.

:)

And with it "apparently" being banned in the uk. Means No Manhunt 2 for me... BOOO.
Unless the publisher appeals, in which case there'll be a media frenzy of lies and scare-mongering. Looks like we'll be getting a special green-blooded zombies edition! Dude, import. eBay Canada and US will be flooded with copies. Just get an Action Replay for your PS2 to play the NTSC version.

The game might be graphic, but I'd say that censorship makes me feel more sick than anything in a videogame could. It's a disgusting insult to people's free will, plain and simple. People should be allowed to make their own decisions... people are capable of making their own decisions. It's obvious the game is intended for an 18+ market, not na

KatzMotel said:
Unless the publisher appeals, in which case there'll be a media frenzy of lies and scare-mongering. Looks like we'll be getting a special green-blooded zombies edition! Dude, import. eBay Canada and US will be flooded with copies. Just get an Action Replay for your PS2 to play the NTSC version.

The game might be graphic, but I'd say that censorship makes me feel more sick than anything in a videogame could. It's a disgusting insult to people's free will, plain and simple. People should be allowed to make their own decisions... people are capable of making their own decisions. It's obvious the game is intended for an 18+ market, not na

What's so bad about gouging someone's eyeballs out? Are we not allowed to say that? Strangling him with a telephone wire? Tearing someone's spinal cord out?

Sounds good to me. Right now I'd rather do that to someone than rescue them. (After playing hours of EBA for the past 3 days.)

Fabio said:
KatzMotel said:

I've been saying Manhunt is a sick game since you started posting info about its sequel, if you remember.

:p

A friend of mine played it once, so I know a bit about it...

It sounds really disturbing. :barf:

KatzMotel said:

That's the thing. In the United Kingdom, age ratings are enforced by law. The responsibility lays firmly on the parents, not the retailers or developers or anybody else.

See, Storm, but that's the point where I disagree. I'm 15, and my birthday's in a month. I've played rated M games, and to my knowledge it have not become a homicidal outcast of society. The point is, what's the difference in mentality between a 16 and 17 year old? No much.
In my mind, ratings are crap. there should only be 3, in my opinion, and they should be rated the same way movies are. PG, PG-13, and R. Most kids arent allowed into R movies, but a few do, because it's not a problem.

I myself have numerous "M" games, some of which I actually played at age 9 or 10. Nobody's calling me a homicidal freak, are they? I think it just depends on the person's mentality. If a child at 10 is immature, then no, they can't play those games. But heck, a teen at 18 can be REALLY immature, and might not handle a game like Manhunt. Personally speaking, if I were to get Manhunt 2 (which is out of the question really), I would put it down because it's so sick. I would certainly NOT get any ideas from it as is speculated by the likes of Jack Thompson. However, there are other kinds of teens, y'know? Some teens actually DO use these games are "murder simulations". But, fact is, banning them completely is the wrong way to go. PARENTS SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE. Where the hell were the parents when their son was playing the original Manhunt, plotting an ACTUAL murder? Really...

I'm 15, and by ESRB standards I shouldn't be playing any M rated games, but the guys at Gamestop let me play Gears with them all the time. >_> They even recommended a few M games to me. We're living in a society of censorship, but it's very rarely enforced, or at least in my case. Basically EVERY gamer I know has killed a policeman on GTA, blown someone to **** in Gears/Halo, I mean... Violence is just fun. Those people at Gamestop shouldn't let me buy M rated games, but they do because they want my monies. NO ONE there asks me for my parents. No one.

Back