• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Gears of War

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Okay, Gears of War is better than any game I have ever played. It's beaten TP and bumped it's way up to #1. It's the most innovative, fun game I've ever played- with amazing multiplayer, weapons, concept, maps, and more, this game is a must have. Anyone else here enjoy it?

I have to agree with just one thing, Campaign = best ever made.

Multiplayer is kinda good, but it would have been better with respawn.

ZERO_13 said:

Play annex with voice communicator. Most fun ever. (there is reswawn)
Either way, yeah GEoW is a good game, definitely not the best one ever, but still fun none the less.

I've played, and Gears is loads of fun. Though, I'm more of a co-op campaign player than going online.

JJRamone2 said:
ZERO_13 said:

Play annex with voice communicator. Most fun ever. (there is reswawn)
Either way, yeah GEoW is a good game, definitely not the best one ever, but still fun none the less.
I agree with JJ.
Unfortuantly, I can't play it anymore.

:'(

It's a good game, but not "the best game". Halo is better*. LoZ is probably better, but I wouldn't exactly know because I've hardly played LoZ, even though I own it.

Although... all this "ranking" only depends on opinion.

* Yes, I did say that. Now, if someone came up to me and gave me the choice to play Halo or GoW, I would pick GoW. But if I had not played either game before, and started playing both, Halo would probably be a better game. But not played day after day after day like many people on XBLive do.

I did like a lot of things in gears of war, but I believe I had said it before and I will again, shooting games just aren't my favorite. That is probably the only reason I don't have a 360 to call my own (though I don't mind mooching off of friends

:p ) Gears of war is definitely up with the best games around, but I would not say the best. I really still like most LoZs better, but that is more for what genre it is, otherwise they are close and I don't feel like nitpicking through the games.

I have to say the multi-player wasn't nearly as good as the campaigns.... why, I am not even really sure, but whatev, different strokes for different folks.

I don't get what's so special about Halo to be honest. The multiplayer options are good, but it really doesn't have much that separates it from other FPS in my opinion.

Fabio said:
I don't get what's so special about Halo to be honest. The multiplayer options are good, but it really doesn't have much that separates it from other FPS in my opinion.
It is like the FPS equivalent of World of Warcraft*. It might not add anything really new to the genre, but it does a great job at combining all the good aspects already invented.

*Compared to WOW because WOW added nothing really new to the MMORPG genre but got most of the good aspects from older ones down pat.

Back