• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

StarCraft II!

Sporge27

Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Cake
Red Candy
Wow I cannot believe I almost missed this and supposedly coming out in Q4 this year!

Blizzard's site

I am very happy this is coming out and the game does look cool, I like the jet troopers the Terren have on the one demo game play thing, The protoss seem to have much more showy lasers too... it looks very cool so far and this is the first revelation of it, so there is bound to be much much more! YAY!

Go out now and buy the first one and play it.... it is honestly only twenty bucks for the battle chest thing that has the first one its expansion pack and guides even. Even for a game from 1998 it has really pretty cool movies graphically, yeah a little fuzzy but still great. The game is still heavily played online, not like it once was, but still you can never not find a game.... though a lot are in Korean and appear weird

:p

I just love the game and the story of it. A really great game and so glad the rumors were true!

Sporge27 said:
Go out now and buy the first one and play it.... it is honestly only twenty bucks for the battle chest thing that has the first one its expansion pack and guides even. Even for a game from 1998 it has really pretty cool movies graphically, yeah a little fuzzy but still great. The game is still heavily played online, not like it once was, but still you can never not find a game.... though a lot are in Korean and appear weird

I just love the game and the story of it. A really great game and so glad the rumors were true!
For the PC Im assuming?

yep for PC.

also good that starcraft 2 will work on vista AND XP.... I don't want Vista.....

Yay for vista.

When I heard this news I jumped from my seat

:D

I still play the first one :D, and I've had it for countless years :gyroidveryhappy:

ZERO_13 said:
When I heard this news I jumped from my seat

:D

I still play the first one :D, and I've had it for countless years :gyroidveryhappy:
well if by countless you mean at most 9 years

It did only come from 1998 after all, but this was a time when I was really getting into games of many different forms. The graphics blew me away and the game doesn't disappoint if you like strategy

As for the story... I don't want to give it away.... go get the game!

but background is basically ....

It is a future where humans have attained space travel. The group you are concerned with call themselves Terrans. Now they originally started as a group of convicts(large group I assume) exiled from Earth, although at the time of the first one there is little know of Earth even by the Terrans.

There are 2 alien species they encounter and the weird part is both were created by an older race of aliens known as the Xel'naga, though what happened to that group is unknown. The Protoss are extremely intelligent, and have psychic abilities. They were an abandoned project of the older race of aliens. By the start of the first one they had divided into two groups, the main one is one that has everyone combine their minds losing a large amount of their individuality, while a second group consists of those who defied joining, wanting to keep their individuality, they gained different powers because of this.

The zerg were the other race made by the Xel'naga, designed to evolve rapidly. The Overmind rules all the zerg telepathically, much like ants obey the queen by smell. The zerg can absorb the genes of other species they encounter and this was how they attained space travel. The overmind was able to call out to a large creature, refered to as a behemoth that lived in space, once it got too close to the planet the zerg were on it was absorbed and the zerg could spread. They actually destroyed the Xel'naga watching them and there has been no sign of them since.

That is about were the first game starts from i don't want to give anything away about what happens in it though...

Back