• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Microsoft Domination In Jeapordy

No matter how it looks, or how it really plays.
It is still going to sell an absolute bundle. I remember when Halo 2 came out, and some of my friends were all,“It's gonna be the best friggin' game EVER!!”, but come the next day. They had already completed it, and their opinions changed for the most.
But what I'm saying is that the hype surrounding Halo 3, could well be it's downfall.
As it did, to it's predecesor.

I don't think it'll be as big as the first or second Halo (you can only be the "coolest product" for a certain among of time) and it probably won't seem like a big difference from #2, which isn't good since it's on a new console. But it will still sell more than any 360 game. Unless it's the extreme of what I said above.

I hated Halo 1 and 2, but thing is, they even said that they didn't like how they turned out because they weren't given enough time to complete them (thus the atrocious ending for halo 2, for example)
maybe even without a big overhaul they'll make this one a good game....maybe.

Play the original beta trial for Halo and you'd think the game is the worst FPS you know about. Textures repeat themselves endlessly, hills are absolutely worthless. Sometimes when you enter a game, you get TELEPORTED randomly to places. In fact, sometimes you just get warped really high and fall and die. Sometimes, if you pick up a sniper rifle, you get teleported in a rock.... There were also only 3 vehicles, and the campaign in the demo is half a level (Once you complete a bit in the level, you'll just have nowhere to go). The Halo 2 demo was also pretty bad, but both games turned out quite well. Halo 3 will probably have the same thing happen to it.

hmmm... mixed reviews isn't really the best thing for a star title.... although it is beta still... there can't be much more work they can do.... but whatever, sony's star title is probably... ummm do they have one? and Nintendo has TP basically right now as its star.... well we just need to see how things unfold I guess.

Sporge27 said:
hmmm... mixed reviews isn't really the best thing for a star title.... although it is beta still... there can't be much more work they can do.... but whatever, sony's star title is probably... ummm do they have one? and Nintendo has TP basically right now as its star.... well we just need to see how things unfold I guess.
Metal Gear Solid 4.

when is that coming out anyway?

haven't heard anything about it lately although never looked into it...

Sporge27 said:
And then Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB. Nintendo has a lot actually =o

Back