PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Miyamoto for TIME 100

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/tim...1609873,00.html (http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/time100walkup/article/0,28804,1611030_1610841_1609873,00.html)

You can vote more than once too (just refresh the page)

Give 'im 100s!

:)

Triforce3force
04-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Saw this over at GameFAQS. Gave Miyamoto a 100!

^_^

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 03:56 PM

^_^
Just one?

:(

Triforce3force
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM

^_^
Just one?

:(
Oh, no. Several.

Sporge27
04-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I would love to see him get further up there.... I have to say he has been a large influence on me! So has Stephen Colbert better help him out a little there... KEEP VOTING NO BREAKS!!!!

wait are you certain it counts the votes past your first one?

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
I would love to see him get further up there.... I have to say he has been a large influence on me! So has Stephen Colbert better help him out a little there... KEEP VOTING NO BREAKS!!!!

I don't know.

Colbert doesn't even deserve top 5 by the way D:

Propaganda Man
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM

I don't know.

Colbert doesn't even deserve top 5 by the way D:
He is number 1 for a reason Storm. There is a booklet about a church wanting people to pray for Colbert. Colbert was in the Man of the Year in Time.

Myamota(SP) wasn't

Sporge27
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Colbert changes things by doing the exact opposite, how isn't that genius?

He's also really a Sunday school teacher

:P

the leatherback turtle named for him is winning the race back to the galapagos islands!

He is doing many things for charities and changing peoples views.

Honestly I think he is a great guy. :lol:

Wsoxrule
04-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I hope he wins!

SL92
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Start voting Sydney Crosby down if you want Miyamoto to go up, because once Miyamoto ties him in rank he beats him by number of votes.

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Yuck... this is just one big popularity contest. But that's what I expected.... oh well.

But the celebrities are winning >:0

Knightshot
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I hope he wins!
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sporge27
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I say vote down that damn asian pop singer who clearly is abusing hi popularity with the women of the most populated country in the world.... I haven't even heard of him before....

Tyler
05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Why the hell did people bump up Sanjaya? -.-

Sporge27
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
kill him too... I don't like American Idol... especially the losers like he is...... :angry:

Propaganda Man
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
kill him too... I don't like American Idol... especially the losers like he is...... :angry:
Do you know who Sanjaya is?

Sporge27
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
well he didn't win american idol did he? I don't watch the show and don't really care, but how can he be considered influential.....

Propaganda Man
05-01-2007, 03:44 PM
well he didn't win american idol did he? I don't watch the show and don't really care, but how can he be considered influential.....
My God you know nothing of pop culture....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjaya_Malakar#Public_reaction

And

Votefortheworst.com

Sporge27
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
My God you know nothing of pop culture....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjaya_Malakar#Public_reaction

And

Votefortheworst.com
Yeah he nearly got Simon off the show... but that alone could make some people vote for him.... If Howard Stern wanted people to vote for him to annoy fans of the show, what does that say... If anything that shows how Howard Stern and Simon are influential....

I still don't care about American Idol. It is one show that I feel is there just to laugh at the failures in it... and it makes me sad....

There is only so much room in my head for things and rather not let American Idol in more than it is now.....

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Who the freakin' hell is Rain? This is the first time I've heard of him, I doubt he's actually influental. :\

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Who the freakin' hell is Rain? This is the first time I've heard of him, I doubt he's actually influental. :\
Yah, like I said... things like this always turn into a popularity contest. But I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing where someone "wins". Since there are 100 people going in... I'd assume Miyamoto made it.

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Yah, like I said... things like this always turn into a popularity contest. But I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing where someone "wins". Since there are 100 people going in... I'd assume Miyamoto made it.
Oh, I'm sure Miyamoto made it, no doubt about it. I'm just sort of annoyed that, like you said, it's now more a popularity contest than an actual list of influential people.

-_-

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, I'm sure Miyamoto made it, no doubt about it. I'm just sort of annoyed that, like you said, it's now more a popularity contest than an actual list of influential people.

-_-
Yah. Like Bin Laden is pretty influential, but people don't give him a good rating because it's in a bad way. Hitler has been on this thing back in the day if I remember correctly.*

*Heh... I didn't live back then, I meant I remembered hearing that he was in it :0

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM

-_-
Yah. Like Bin Laden is pretty influential, but people don't give him a good rating because it's in a bad way. Hitler has been on this thing back in the day if I remember correctly.*

*Heh... I didn't live back then, I meant I remembered hearing that he was in it :0
Now that is a good point, I didn't even think of that one. It doesn't really say "Time 100 Influential People IN A GOOD WAY", so technically people like Bin Laden should be on it...

Heck, maybe Hussain should be 'swell.

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 04:38 PM

-_-

Now that is a good point, I didn't even think of that one. It doesn't really say "Time 100 Influential People IN A GOOD WAY", so technically people like Bin Laden should be on it...

I believe he was more than once (and had a cover or two). But obviously not this year since.... well yah, kind of hard to be influential now. :0

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM

-_-

I believe he was more than once (and had a cover or two). But obviously not this year since.... well yah, kind of hard to be influential now. :0
It's called being influential posthumously, or however you spell that.

Propaganda Man
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
This coming from a guy who likes Flamenco!

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry, but the heck is Korean pop flamenco? How is it even as popular as flamenco?

Propaganda Man
05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry, but the heck is Korean pop flamenco? How is it even as popular as flamenco?
How is Bush not topping the approval polls?

I guess we will never know.

Bulerias
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
How is Bush not topping the approval polls?

I guess we will never know.
...How was that related? 0_O