• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best music in a game?

SL92

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
What was the best music you've ever heard in a game? Is it the 8-bit bleeps from the days of Super Mario Bros? The orchestrated pieces in one of your favorite games? Liscensed soundtracks suchas the electric beats in Elite Beat Agents?

What game's music best appealed to you?

I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but it's gotta be Fire Emblem. That game series has amazing music... Powerhungry Fool may be modern work, but it sounds so... classical. Awesome stuff.

Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite. The Godfather Blackhand Edition for Wii. I may be jumping at you and saying this is a great game and I just bought it and I love it to bits, but I'm just saying the music sometimes gives me chills. In a good way.

Hmm...it's so hard to choose.....

I love the orchestrated soundtrack of the Baten Kaitos series
....and the ocarina songs from OOT and Majora's Mask
...and there's FFVI, with the Opera Scene, and other great music
...and Phoenix Wright. There's nothing like that music.

....I CAN'T CHOOSE!

ummm... i'd say all the songs in the zelda, metroid and mario series have my favorite music... and the original tetris tracks

:D

Shadow_] [quote="Gengar said:
Phoenix Wright music. It can't be beaten.

:p
I thought you were going to say EBA, for sure. [/quote]
Well, come on, those songs werent really made for the game...they were...re-made.

Phoenix Wright has its own original music, which PWNS.

the MGS series PERIOD. There isn't any better. Harry Gregson Williams is a musical genious. Just IMDB him you'll see the good music he's done.
Snake Eater is also amasing.

Probably music in racing games. Yup, MKDS and Hot Wheels World Race (GCN lol) have catchy music.

I love the music to Chrono Trigger, absolutely perfectly made right down to the annoyingly catchy Gato song

But honestly zeal has some of the coolest music around, and for Midi it really isn't bad, but hearing some remixes with newer things really makes it sound awesome.

Back