• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mircosoft Bashes Wii

Pfft, I've proved them wrong. I never "wanted something else". <_<

I'm surprised they said that, actually...

pish posh, I am over 14 but stuck with Nintendo ever since my first gameboy. They just serve quality, something Microsoft has seemed to lack on several occasions such as how they somehow destroyed Rare, and let us not forget the somewhat prominent red ring of death. I have yet to here something about a Wii breaking down, my GC still works perfectly, heck so does my N64 and GBC! (My dad actually kinda stole my GBC with a copy of tetris...)

And to be honest I see the 360 appealing more to the teen demographic, and then dies out in adulthood, whereas Nintendo is actually starting to draw more adults in. Especially in Japan where you can see businessmen playing DSs.

Microsoft's FAILED!

Sporge27 said:
pish posh, I am over 14 but stuck with Nintendo ever since my first gameboy. They just serve quality, something Microsoft has seemed to lack on several occasions such as how they somehow destroyed Rare, and let us not forget the somewhat prominent red ring of death. I have yet to here something about a Wii breaking down, my GC still works perfectly, heck so does my N64 and GBC! (My dad actually kinda stole my GBC with a copy of tetris...)

And to be honest I see the 360 appealing more to the teen demographic, and then dies out in adulthood, whereas Nintendo is actually starting to draw more adults in. Especially in Japan where you can see businessmen playing DSs.

Microsoft's FAILED!
Teens play a lot more Game Consoles that adults, so Xbox 360 is ok.

Nintendo fails at Online, and online is mostly the hot selling stuff nowdays. Xbox Live is the best Online system ever, beats NWC and the Playstation Online by a lot.

Thats mostly where Nintendo fails, Online, something being used every single day by teens and adults alike.

ZERO_13 said:
Sporge27 said:

Microsoft's FAILED!
Teens play a lot more Game Consoles that adults, so Xbox 360 is ok.

Nintendo fails at Online, and online is mostly the hot selling stuff nowdays. Xbox Live is the best Online system ever, beats NWC and the Playstation Online by a lot.

Thats mostly where Nintendo fails, Online, something being used every single day by teens and adults alike.
Theres a Playstation Online? >_<

And I do agree that online stuff is big nowadays...though Nintendo's games are so great that they have little need for them to be online compatible in order for customers to buy them, I think.

Gengar, I disagree.

Online is a HUGE asset, and Nintendo isn't capitalizing on that. Or, a bunch of rabid lawyers forced them to use Friend Codes... yeah, that's probably the case.

Bulerias said:
Gengar, I disagree.

Online is a HUGE asset, and Nintendo isn't capitalizing on that. Or, a bunch of rabid lawyers forced them to use Friend Codes... yeah, that's probably the case.
lol. Yeah I bet so.

As a Nintendo and Microsoft fan, I would have cashed in on a 360 and XBox Live long ago if I could afford it.

Just to clarify I mean Microsoft failed at that comment.

And online stuff.... :no:
Nintendo hasn't been doing very well here. I cannot see how they aren't getting it as well as other things, I thought that finally they had figured out to go with a single friend code for the system which would have been fine since it would be like a phone number or email address, but adding additional friend codes to each game.... I don't want a phone book needed to stay in contact with one person!

Oh well I still find online for all systems kinda lacking though, it always seems slower, perhaps that is just because I have a great computer though

:p

as for the rabid lawyers, they might be there but I doubt they have any case or else myspace and facebook would have died long ago, and in fact most online things would... The lawyers do affect their decisions though, and they decide to cover their own hides and try to put a leash on web 2.0... Not going to end well...

Even so I think the Wii has the best multi player capabilities not online, even if it is just because it is funny watching your friend play Wario Ware

Bulerias said:
Gengar, I disagree.

I didn't say online wasn't huge, I just said Nintendo's games are good with or without it. And if I didn't say that, thats what I meant.

This may be just me, but I find Nintendo's games more enjoyable then those on the Playstation or Xbox. Everyone's got their own opinion.

Well let's put it this way we're suppose to get online play in June which I think should of been earlier but they seriously need to put Brawl online if they want to capitalized on the online play.

Back