• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First PS3 game that looks pretty cool...

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Númenor
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
Yellow Lily
It's called LittleBigPlantet.
In the game, players control characters, using their various abilities to shape and develop the highly manipulable environment to build custom spaces, individually, collaboratively, and/or competitively...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_big_planet

[dohtml]<center><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="420" height="405" id="gamevideos6" align="middle"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="play" value="true"><param name="loop" value="true"><param name="scale" value="showall"><param name="wmode" value="window"><param name="devicefont" value="false"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="menu" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="salign" value=""><param name="movie" value="http://gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevi...L?id=9841&ordinal=1173547486458&adPlay=false" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <embed src="http://gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevi...L?id=9841&ordinal=1173547486458&adPlay=false" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" play="true" loop="true" scale="showall" wmode="window" devicefont="false" id="gamevideos6" bgcolor="#000000" name="gamevideos6" menu="true" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="405" width="420"/></object></center>[/dohtml]

That looks like an awesome game. I'm going to be sure to play that... somewhere, somehow.

:p

I obviously won't be buying a PS3 for it... but I will play it, fosho!

Here's my post about LBP at Nsider:

I just watched the 4-minute gameplay video of Little Big Planet, and it looks like an awesome game. Above all other things, it just goes to show that Sony has realized they're gonna need a bit of Nintendo's "Chemical X" to win this generation of gaming. The game is so Nintendo-y... it's almost like Pikmin and Chibi Robo, but it looks as if it is a completely new experience. No 'only-for-PS3' games have really appealed to me up until this point, but I think Little Big Planet is one game I will have to be sure to play.

DarthGohan1 said:

I just watched the 4-minute gameplay video of Little Big Planet, and it looks like an awesome game. Above all other things, it just goes to show that Sony has realized they're gonna need a bit of Nintendo's "Chemical X" to win this generation of gaming. The game is so Nintendo-y... it's almost like Pikmin and Chibi Robo, but it looks as if it is a completely new experience. No 'only-for-PS3' games have really appealed to me up until this point, but I think Little Big Planet is one game I will have to be sure to play.
So you're going to pitch the $600 on something that may or may not be cool?

your funeral. D:

I'd suggest playing a friends ps3... if any of your friends have one.

DarthGohan1 said:

I don't know if it was Sony's choice though (@ "...that Sony has realized they're gonna need a bit of Nintendo's "Chemical X" to win this...") since they aren't developing the game.

This one is obviously a system seller for some. But WOW! When I saw this on the day of GDC it was like...Woah! Not a 1st person shooter! And when the playstation system gets a non first person shooter, they actually come out with some clever games. Plus the Graphics sends it into the next dimension. :lol:

Now all they need to do is make it for PSP and I'm safe.

Kiro said:
This one is obviously a system seller for some. But WOW! When I saw this on the day of GDC it was like...Woah! Not a 1st person shooter! And when the playstation system gets a non first person shooter, they actually come out with some clever games. Plus the Graphics sends it into the next dimension. :lol:

Now all they need to do is make it for PSP and I'm safe.

Um...its XBox360 thats the juggernaut of FPS. But I digress.
I dont know anyone who has a PS3, so my chances of playing it are zero. Although, I could probably steal one.

Back