• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Getting a 360 W00T!

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yeah, my parents said they'd get me one for my birthday, but I'll probably be getting it earlier than that, so in about a week. I'm so excited..

:) The first games I'm getting are Gears of War and Oblivion.

:)

Any tips on some games to get? Or any other sweet 360 thingies I'm in for that I'm missing by just playing my friend's 360's?

EDIT: For all you fanboy idiots out there who are planning to hit me with 'ZOMG WII IS MO RIGINAL L;OL!', eat this:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Wii, but I also want some power and regular play style, with more multiplayer. Boom.

If you're gonna have Live, Geometry Wars is a must!

I'm getting a 360.. when Halo 3 releases

:p

I'll prolly get it with Oblivion and Halo 3.. I've heard Oblivion is awesome.

Have fun with the 360, its awesome!

Boom! Another one knows that 360 isn't "OmG craPier tahn mah WiI!!1!!1!"

Go Gears of War

:D

Awsome that you're getting a 360, I don't have either.

I don't have any suggestions other than what have already been said, but I'd get Oblivion for PC instead. Player-Made Mods pwn.

graw 2 and crackdown also. Crackdown comes with a halo 3 beta demo. Also when you get it, talk to me and we'll play some GoW. Oh and yeah, Oblivion is better on the PC mods really make the difference.

360>Wii

Wii is cheap and I'd never buy the 360 but if my parents did, I'm sorry but it kills the wii. I envy you. <_<

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Unreal Tournament 3... Need I go on, Pokefab? You better pick up all these titles.

Oh, and Lost Planet too.

Frenchie7 said:
360>Wii

Wii is cheap and I'd never buy the 360 but if my parents did, I'm sorry but it kills the wii. I envy you. <_<
The wii has no games yet... but it's got a great lineup for now, aswell as the 360... Halo 3 by the end of the year, aswell as Fable 2 which you've totally got to get because Fable was the best game on Xbox.

I'd also recommend Mass Effect, that game looks like it could turn out being pretty sweet... same with Bioshock.

they've got a ton of FPS's coming out that are supposed to be top notch. <3

360 has a year advantage, Storm, what do you expect? Currently, the Wii doesn't have a whole lot of software. The end of this year should be interesting... All of the consoles will have something big, so it'll definitely be interesting. Well, the PS3 won't really have anything other than Lair and Heavenly Sword (MGS4 =/= 2007 most likely), so, uhh... It'll basically be 360 Vs. Wii

Bulerias said:
360 has a year advantage, Storm, what do you expect? Currently, the Wii doesn't have a whole lot of software. The end of this year should be interesting... All of the consoles will have something big, so it'll definitely be interesting. Well, the PS3 won't really have anything other than Lair and Heavenly Sword (MGS4 =/= 2007 most likely), so, uhh... It'll basically be 360 Vs. Wii
Lair looks decent... graphics wise, but from the looks of it, it's going to play like Dynasty Warriors except instead of being on the ground, you just fly around on a big dragon and kill everyone. Lovely.

360 is solid right now, Wii is getting there, they've got an awesome lineup. 360 is just adding more fuel to their fire, and the ps3... well... besides the fact that it's lost nearly every exclusive it was touting around with in the beginning... I'm sure MGS4 fans will love the ps3, until MGS4 gets announced for the 360 that is.

360 is good, Crackdown is decent my roommate has a 360 and it is a pretty good game from what I played.

I still think I like my Wii more though, my problem though is that I am just not that big of a fan of FPS games normally... most just all end up the same, and the stories really aren't great.....and I mean if you look at all the best games on the 360 most are some kinda shooting thing. Don't get me wrong they can be fun, but I don't know.

Anyway I might get a second system this gen, but it will be a year or two... and could depend on whether BluRay suddenly starts taking the market, and if Sony steps up their lineup. Honestly what they have out right now is crap, and keep in mind RFoM is a FPS which as I previously stated I don't really like.

At least contrary to what sony says I shouldn't have any trouble finding a PS3, and definitely no problem finding a 360. I think I need to wait for a price drop for them though, significantly more in the case of sony.

Although I have to say like the DS the Wii currently has mainly gimmicky titles. I really do like the Wario Ware for it though, and still occasionally play sports. TP obviously rocked but it is a port... However the Wii does have a great lineup this year if they don't delay them all to next year <_< Still I am glad with my choice. I think I'll get Wii play after all it is pretty much 10$ for the game and I need another couple Wiimotes to make a set.

I really want one now.
I've got an account on another console.
But i'll have to wait to get mine.

Back