• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Storyline Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Simaler to my previous thread...

Which game has the greatest Storyline ever, in your opinion?

Once again, for me, I'd have to say Pheonix Wright. I just beat it about an hour ago, and it was full of everything you'd want in a game...or most things you'd want in a game.

*Please keep the thread spoiler-free*

Fable.

it's got the coolest story ever... because it's totally changeable, you write the story as you play. The main villain is probably the best villain I've ever seen in a video game, and you can get as evil as he is, or extremely good depending on your actions throughout the game, but the story is the same no matter what you do, I'm not going to spoil it because its too cool, but lets just say it's interesting from start to finish, especially at the end.

best story ever. D:

Tales of Symphonia.

And please keep this thread without spoilers.

Well, I think I might say Beyond Good and Evil, but I never beat the game, so I guess that's not a very good answer.

I'm going to say Fire Emblem. Just the series in general. The storyline and writing have always been a key part of the game, and it's safe to say that out of all of Nintendo's games, Fire Emblem titles have a consistently good story.

Woo... tough choice. I love the humorous storyline of Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga. I think I'll go with that one.

Oh, this is a hard one. I'd say Resident Evil 4. Most storylines are a bit too kiddish or similar for me. I agree that the premise of dude killing zombies (or Gandos) is a little worn, but the idea of a village lost in time, and then taken over by these crazy cult guys with a virus really hits deep. The credits are awesome, too, because they explain it all in this eerie picture form.

Fabio said:
Oh, this is a hard one. I'd say Resident Evil 4. Most storylines are a bit too kiddish or similar for me. I agree that the premise of dude killing zombies (or Gandos) is a little worn, but the idea of a village lost in time, and then taken over by these crazy cult guys with a virus really hits deep. The credits are awesome, too, because they explain it all in this eerie picture form.
I wish I could have gotten farther in that game. I'm such a pansy, the second I stepped on a bear trap that was it. >.>

but I've watched my friends play it, so I know the whole story.

:p

Hmm....this is tough. I'd have to say the Baten Kaitos series. The games just stunned me with their excellent plots seperate, and when combined, made the experience into something absolutely magical.

Fabio said:
xD

You think the bear traps are scary? Wait till you see 3D Ada Wong.
ADA! ADA I FINK WE WENT THE WONG WAY! ADA!

ahh... Asians... where would we be without you... <3

all three MGS games, by far. They are seriously better than any book i've read and WAY better than any other game. Play them, you'll agree.

GAAAH EVIL QUESTION!!!!!

So many come to mind.... many you guys mentioned, gotta love RE4, and I did like Pheonix Wright a lot, Zelda games do pretty good for being such an old series still (also one of the first games to have any story),
CHRONO TRIGGER- I love the game, all the characters have their own sidequests, and get very well developed. nothing like the main hero.... Oooo I want to say this but it is too revealing, at a pretty late point in the game. I have to say I love how the story entirely changes at more than one point and so many unexpected things happen the first time through.
Chrono Cross is decent too, but there are too many characters and most get little development.... honestly you get a straw doll in your team some weird guy worshiped....

ToS was great too

Kingdom Hearts also gets you pretty hookeed dispite the Disney characters... for me i actually like remembering some of the older Disney movies, although I really don't know about the newer ones too much.... Honestly though I love the beginning of the first one, great foreshadowing. Really creepy fact I had a dream just like it once only I was where Rikku was...and instead of a Tidal wave it was a tornado....and not on the beach, this was actually last year before I left home to work at camp, kinda creepy but I felt it was the begining of home feeling strange to me, and it has.

Let's see..... I liked the original Pokemon... the ones after are pretty much the same line but the first one was a unique thing, and a horribly addicting thing at the time when I was in the fifth grade.... I still don't mind the games, but they need to revamp it, it is the same thing every time....

What else is there.... Star Craft was pretty sweet story wise... only video game ever made into a book that I have read and I absorbed it... Gotta love the ghost Kerrigan who... well I'd say but if you haven't played it.... kinda a huge spoiler... If you haven't played it GO GET IT, honestly it is like 15 bucks for the original the expansion and the guides all together...

Final Fantasy games tend to have great epic stories too, although I have yet to be hooked by them as much as many other RPGs I previously mentioned...

Oh and the Sixth Sense!! oh wait, that is a movie....

umm I think I can't think now.

:wacko:

I liked Wind Waker's Story.Its was pretty decent for a zelda story, and an awesome game, but the ending was my favorite part(except for Puppet ganon...stupid 3rd form...grumble grumble)

hmmmmm quite the question after some though i knew that it had to be mother 3. for those who have never seen or beat the game wont understand this but the storyline and the way they tell the story is just amazing. I wont go on further mostly because i cant discribe this without it containing spoilers but nuff said

Please check the dates of the last few posts before posting. If they are older than 3 months or no longer relevant it's best not to post. You may make a new thread if you wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back