• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Top 100 selling games for 2006

How cars did well I may never know....

Well TP is 11th. Some of the games down there were also good. But TP beat Oblivion. >_<

OddCrazyMe said:
How cars did well I may never know....

Well TP is 11th. Some of the games down there were also good. But TP beat Oblivion. >_<
Marketing, kids see a movie and parents are like "maybe if I get him the game he'll shut up. Kid gets game, Kid plays game no matter how crappy it is.

not just the "good" games sell well.

Oh my god..... I understand why they always make games out of stupid movies .........................they ...they actually make money! and I hate them all the more! WHY GOD WHY!!!!!

Actually, I heard Cars is a really good game.

I just don't understand how it passed Need For Speed: Carbon by 8 places.

[quote="Shadow_] Actually, I heard Cars is a really good game.

I just don't understand how it passed Need For Speed: Carbon by 8 places. [/quote]
I heard it was a kiddy version of Grand Theft Auto with some broken gameplay mechanics.

dragonflamez said:
Really? I would have asked for not suck.
I am sorry let me rephrase that,
I doubt I could ask for a better first person shooter on a game that is crammed in a little cartridge that I can swallow. Honestly it was well done for what they had to work with, there just wasn't the space to program in a ton of giant bosses, so they have a few that double as multi playable characters and a couple giant badies to fight. Appreciate how far the games are coming now! If the DS used something like gamecube disks may be they could make a game as advanced as the first or second MP but as it is it is supposed to be portable.... actually the next portable systems should be sweet with this new micro technology coming out, Terrabyte chips not much bigger than a ds cartrige will be out in a few years now :p, but for right now we have to deal with what is available and not overpriced. sooo yeah

Back