• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Excite Truck Review UP!

Hm....

You know, I never minded the music. It's pretty bad, now that I think about it, but I always blast my own on my stereo while I'm playing, so its never really an issue.

I agree with pretty much everything you said though, right down to the score at the bottom. Mine was 8.5, which is pretty much the same

:p

Some of the things are odd with the game that you didnt mention, though. For one, there's 6 regions, and 4 teirs, but not all of the regions have 4 races. For instance, Fiji only has Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Kinda odd, now that I think about it. Also, the scarcness of powerups is weird....theres some levels with none, and then some levels with 2.

However, this is 2 on my list of Wii games, right above Wii sports. It's a great party game, and I found the learning curve to be practically nonexistant. The first time I played, I beat my brother, who had played for 3 hours. Then, my friend beat me on his first turn. It's a pretty even game.

I love the amount of cars and colors there are, too. Unfortunatly, some of the earlier cars become nonexistant when you get later, better ones...

Great game though. All, get it.

dragonflamez said:
Hm....

You know, I never minded the music. It's pretty bad, now that I think about it, but I always blast my own on my stereo while I'm playing, so its never really an issue.

I agree with pretty much everything you said though, right down to the score at the bottom. Mine was 8.5, which is pretty much the same

Some of the things are odd with the game that you didnt mention, though. For one, there's 6 regions, and 4 teirs, but not all of the regions have 4 races. For instance, Fiji only has Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Kinda odd, now that I think about it. Also, the scarcness of powerups is weird....theres some levels with none, and then some levels with 2.

However, this is 2 on my list of Wii games, right above Wii sports. It's a great party game, and I found the learning curve to be practically nonexistant. The first time I played, I beat my brother, who had played for 3 hours. Then, my friend beat me on his first turn. It's a pretty even game.

I love the amount of cars and colors there are, too. Unfortunatly, some of the earlier cars become nonexistant when you get later, better ones...

Great game though. All, get it.
Heh, seems as though we both basically have the same opinion regarding this game.

But in regards to the odd course selection, I admit that I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. I bet I wouldn't even notice if you didn't point it out... It's not a flaw, though, so it wouldn't have affected my final score anyway. Same goes for the scarcity of powerups in some courses.

I didn't find it nearly as great as you did. In that short never-submitted review of mine, I only gave it a 6.0...

Gengar said:
I didn't find it nearly as great as you did. In that short never-submitted review of mine, I only gave it a 6.0...
The awsomeness is greatly increased by 2 people playing.
It's such a competitive game. I love it.

dragonflamez said:
Gengar said:
Well, do you have multiple people you ussualy play it with?

I guess that'd probably make it a LOT better, but the single player mode, not so much...

Gengar said:
dragonflamez said:
Gengar said:

I guess that'd probably make it a LOT better, but the single player mode, not so much...
Yup. Me and me bro always play games together.

dragonflamez said:
Gengar said:
dragonflamez said:
Gengar said:

Yup. Me and me bro always play games together.
Same here. Both my brother and I are seasoned gamers, so our abilities are virtually the same (although he doesn't beat me in SSBM often.

:p Then again, I can't seem to beat him Soul Calibur II)...

So yes, the multiplayer is really a great feature in the game, as I talked about in the review. But I liked the singleplayer, too, so yeah.

Back