• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

StrategyWiki???

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
I never knew about this...
Wiki has a place where people make guides, and it's just like Wikipedia, but only for strategy guides for games...

StrategyWiki

From a quick glance, it looks pretty neat.

I'm pretty sure it's not just for strategy games. By the way, a lot of people get wiki and Wikipedia confused. And 'a wiki by Wikimedia'. They are different, yet related =o

STORMCOMMANDER said:
I'm pretty sure it's not just for strategy games. By the way, a lot of people get wiki and Wikipedia confused. And 'a wiki by Wikimedia'. They are different, yet related =o
its for all games....
i said only for strategy guides

:p

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, this would classify as 'a wiki by Mediawiki*' =o

I might as well say the difference-

Wiki - A wiki is something that a bunch of people can edit basically
Wikipedia - Wikipedia is an encyclopedia wiki. It is a project of Wikimedia and uses a Mediawiki wiki.
Wikimedia - Wikimedia is the not-for-profit company that owns Wikipedia, Wiktionary, and some other ones. Mediawiki wikis are used for Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia.
Mediawiki - A Mediawiki is basically the thing that we think of when we think of "wiki". It was originally designed for Wikipedia, and that layout is basically what it is.
Wikia - Wikia is a for-profit company that hosts MediaWiki wikis for free.

* I almost confused myself with that and Wikimedia

Back