• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Place your random thoughts.

i got a text message earlier today asking if they were reaching a particular someone and if they had time to play golf tomorrow. after i said that i wasn't the person they were looking for they said that maybe their assistant gave them the wrong number; then they told me that i seemed friendly and asked for my actual name?? kind of creepy, it's probably a scammer trying to see if my number is active and i took the bait. i should tell them that my name is quagmire to throw them off.

View attachment 560653
there are a lot of scammers like that out there, and i hate how realistic there texts are. I once got one with my cousin’s name ugh

I just saw i got a text from the repair shop yesterday. It was from a different number than the one I added so I got no notification at all 😭; I could’ve had my switch back yesterday. I can’t wait to get it back!

Last edited:
I was once contacted by someone I knew in highschool. (through facebook). He kept asking for my phone number over and over. I told him "no, sorry, we can talk here. i'd rather not give out my number".

He started telling me he was suicidal and had attempted multiple times.

1: we haven't talked since graduation and this feels extremely sudden.

2: i can point towards resources, but I'm not really in the right place mentally (or credentialed) to take care of somebody with these issues. but if he wants to talk I offered to speak with him on messenger. (he still kept insisting I give him my real number).

3: when I asked to ensure it was really him, he got rather defensive quickly and began to gaslight. "All these years we spent, and you would do this to me? I'm so disappointed in you".

the whole thing still creeps me out a bit. I felt uneasy and wanted out of that chat, but it was also hard to simply walk out. on the chance it was really him, I hope he got the help he needed.

i felt guilty for a long time.

Why did my dad think it was necessary to spend $130 on these weird-ass MREs we’re probably never going to eat? 0___O

I understand wanting to be prepared, but… not in this particular way. There’s better AND cheaper food to stock up on.

I just realized that I didn’t try clam blitz in Splatoon 3 yet. Even if my switch lite didn’t stop charging and wasn’t in the shop for repairs, I don’t know if I’d have tried it on my own tbh 😅.

I tried touching my star fragment collectible. Now I remember why I don’t keep it in my sidebar. It’s because it’s so cold that if I dropped it right in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, ice caps more intense than the Arctic’s would grow all the way from Veracruz to Tampa Bay (with Galveston having the arctic air too). I can’t let my other collectibles freeze, so I’ll stick to the snowflake glow wand.

It's pretty hard for newbie Minecraft Java players to ask for help on a very specific popular modding forum I visited once. I came to that site to potentially ask a few questions, and I read over the modding help rule thread. The guidelines were strict and somewhat understandable, but my goodness, all the so-called "support users" were some of the rudest I've ever seen, and all I did to come to that conclusion was scan through other threads without making one myself! If you forgot to mention one little detail in the format provided or asked (in their opinion) stupid questions, you would get chastised and threatened with a ban. That alone turned me off from ever asking questions on that site, and if I were to ever go back into modding Minecraft, I'd take my questions elsewhere.

Sites like that make me happy about being a TBT member.

Edit: Never mind. I think we’re going later (to get my switch). My dad said we’re going at 10, but I guess now it is after he comes back from my sister’s which was the original plan. I hope I can get some sleep so I’ll be less crabby later.

Last edited:
I just got to my 10,000th post without realizing. I was gonna save that. Oh well.

I just had my fourth all nighter in two weeks and somehow I am still alive. I’m hoping to go to bed early tonight to fix my sleep schedule.

So randomly the complete Super Mario Bros. Z series was suggested to me by YouTube 😂 flash animation was all the rage back then.

I used to check out Newgrounds for the latest content. Talk about throwback lol

why does it have to rain in this state nearly EVERY SINGLE DAY. i don’t think there has been at least ONE day this month where it hasn’t rained. it’s like i’ve been living in the swamp for 18 days straight.

I’m gonna be pissed if there’s another earthquake in the next 1-2 hours. My nephew just fell asleep.😤

I watched Murr’s movie (He made it after college. It was the one they made him and a bunch of people watch as a punishment in Impractical Jokers) and honestly…a comedic retelling of teenage Jesus in the modern age wasn’t a bad concept. Some of the jokes were pretty funny, and Murr and Sal appearing as “Judas” and “Lawn Mower Guy” were a funny touch.

Overall, though, I think it could have been executed better. But it’s not a lost cause.

I’m still surprised that he spent $30,000 on it. I know the story of his parents offering him a car and he took the money instead, but it still was an OK trade-off. (I think.)

I’ve been a regular at multiple Starbucks over the past year or so and have noticed several things. (This is based on places I’ve been in Oregon).

- Turnover rate is very high, probably because of the fact it’s a customer service job that doesn’t pay very well. Most of the baristas I interact with don’t last very long. The ones in grocery store Starbucks locations tend to last the longest, while college campus ones last the briefest.
- Every barista usually has my name memorized after around four or five visits. After three weeks of going to that particular location or so they memorize my usual order.
- Some Starbucks have locks on the restrooms for safety purposes, while others do not. It’s purely based on the location.
- My usual order gets too much water in it around 15% of the time.
- Grocery store Starbucks locations run out of cold brew pretty often by the time I get there and it doesn’t happen as much with regular stores.
- They don’t turn on the music first thing in the morning when they open the doors. It can sometimes take up to a half hour after they open.
- The locations I’ve been to switch to different premade playlists daily. Some days they play indie, while other days they play boomer music.

Back